Pages

Thursday, January 13, 2011

4 years old


Well, Today my "Pumpkin Butt" (Keira's nick name), is 4 years old. I don't know why this birthday is so much harder than her others. I always get emotional on her birthday but this year is different for some reason. She will be starting school next year, and I am going to begin getting her prepared now. For her birthday she got a Polly Pocket "because she loves those dolls", A Little Mermaid DS game, and this is the craziest one of all, she got a preschool learning disk for the PC. My husband actually made her an account on the computer last night, so she can watch her learning disk! What? Did I just say that?! What happened to my little bundle of joy who was just learning to walk, and talk, and clap?!

I have to admit, as much as I miss her being a baby, it is really nice to sit and have a conversation with her. She can tell me what she wants, and what is bothering her. I no longer have to guess when she is sick or hungry. She can go potty all by her self, so I no longer have to change her diapers. But, a part of me just wants her to stay little. Next year she will be 5, then 6 then 20!
Yikes I just freaked myself out again.

To my awesome daughter Keira, Happy 4th birthday. I love you so much. You are the best daughter I could have asked for, and you are the best big sister ever. You help me with Sasha so much. I just don't know what I would do without you my love!

You are the best thing that ever happened to me because you made me a Mommy!

1 comment:

Johnny Matos said...

Ugh!!! It kills me that she is growing sooo fast!!
I love this kid. That scares me too. A closed off, guarded person like me never let's their emotions go too far, yet with my own daughter, I can't help it. I love her more then I have ever loved anyone or anything. She is my world.