Pages

Monday, July 2, 2012

28 years old

I know this is late, but I have not been online much. My 28th birthday was by far the best birthday I've ever had. My husband and I got matching tattoos. I have always loved Irish culture, and being that I have Irish in my blood It only makes since. There is an Irish tradition that when two people fall in love they give each other a ring. It's called The Claddagh Ring. The ring is given as a token of friendship, love, or marriage. The design and customs associated with it originated in the Irish fishing village of Claddagh, located just outside the city of Galway. The ring was first produced in the 17th century, though elements of the design date to the late Roman period. It is a heart symbolizing LOVE, a crown meaning LOYALTY, and the hands symbolizing FRIENDSHIP.
It means so much to me to be able to look at it and know it has a special connection and meaning behind it! The girls made me some special drawings, and I got a lot of nice things from my mom. Over all it was the best Birthday I've had in a LONG time. Turning 28 feels so much better then it felt to turn 27. Not sure why but I think things are getting better from here!

No comments: