Pages

Saturday, May 31, 2014

Touch up your Henna hair

Hello everyone,
today I wanted to share the video I just made referring to a question I got about root touch ups with Henna. The question was, do I redo the entire head when it's time for touching up the roots, or only do the roots.
I don't think there is a wrong answer to this, but I personally do my entire head again.
Henna tends to get darker the more you dye it, but I love the brighter look it gives, so I redye my entire head. Plus I find it easier than having to try and not get henna on the rest of my hair.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgkiSXepPHM&list=UUUaEXJAJZit0GoicesvoGvQ&index=1


I am also going to give you my process on how I get my desired color.

1. I buy pure 100% Henna. Lately I've been using Henna Maiden: Natural Red sold by Henna King on Amazon. http://www.amazon.com/Henna-Maiden-RADIANT-NATURAL-Eyebrow/dp/B0086JQBAA/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1401570714&sr=8-2&keywords=henna+maiden

2. I have medium length hair so I only need 1 bag to cover my entire head. I open the package, and pour it into a glass bowl. Glass does not stain and is much easier to clean.

3. I pour lemon juice into the Henna powder. I am not sure the exact amount I use. I eye ball it until it's the consistency of pudding.

4. I cover the bowl with aluminum foil, then store it on a shelf in a dark, cool area for anywhere between 12 to 24 hours.

5. The next day I uncover it, stir it, and add a little water because at this point it's very thick. However this last time instead of adding water, I added some cranberry juice. It helped with the Henna dirt smell and added some more red coloring.

6. Once your Henna is the consistency of mashed potatoes, it's ready to be applied.

7. This is all personal preference, but I like to apply my Henna on unwashed hair. I have natural oily hair, so having my hair a little oily helps make it easier to apply the mud.

10. Once you get all the Henna on your hair, you put a plastic bag or hair cap on your hair.

11. I let my Henna sit in my hair between 3 and 5 hours depending on how dark I want it. The longer you leave it, the darker it will get.

12. After 3 hours, I get in the shower and rinse all the Henna out with luke warm water. Then after I don't feel the slimy mud anymore I use my regular shampoo to get the rest out. After the water runs clear I also use conditioner.

13. I always blow dry my hair, because I don't want any bleeding red to get on my clothes or pillows.

14. Enjoy your fresh Henna look!

No comments: